Monday, February 19, 2007

Wrestling in the Mud...

I'm trying to write an essay about the "key christological teachings stemming from the Council of Chalcedon" and how that doctrine affected the doctrines of the human person and soteriology.

This is for my Christian Doctrine I class, oddly enough the last class I will take before (hopefully) receiving my degree. Odd because I'm studying the development of Christian doctrine from ground zero.

I'm glad I'm studying it now. I feel much more equipped to wrestle in the mud with these ideas then I would have at the beginning of my time in grad school. And I'm enjoying the process so much more than I would have before I knew the lingo. Oh yes, theology is really just a fancy language that some people choose to learn to speak. But this fancy language just describes what most people wrestle with in one way or another.

I like being able to speak both languages; it's handy. But when it comes right down to it, I think I want to be a translator. A go-between for the common man and the theologian. Because both types can learn something from the other. A worthy calling that I think I'll say 'yes' to...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have a better attitude this morning than I do. Ugh is about all I can say.

I called you. Call me and we can commiserate and get these papers done.