Thursday, January 18, 2007

Is it Groundhog Day?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's one of those times when I feel unable to focus on anything that really needs it. Sure, I can spend time cleaning out my spare room, doing a little bit of reorganizing...but I can't seem to complete the task.

Laundry is the only thing I complete from beginning to end, but laundry just begins again the next day. Kind of like "Groundhog Day."

Maybe I'm like Bill Murray's character at the beginning of the movie. I'm still wasting my time, trying out things.

All I know is that it's very tiring, mentally and physically, to not be able to focus on things that need attention, like my final paper for grad school or my homework for next week. Or even dusting.

I'm sure it's just a phase, but I hope I push through it soon. Before I decide to stop grooming.

4 comments:

mattl said...

“Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established.” - George Carlin

margaretm said...

Great quote, Matt!

DGH said...

You stop grooming? nah I do not thing that will happen..."Mrs. I match every piece of clothing I own everyday"

and BTW, Loved the Caddy Shack groundhog you found and I just made the ironic connection that Bill Murry spent hsi entire time on Caddy Shack trying to kill a groundhog and then stars in another movie where he costars with one several times, heh.. just a little ironic

NoVA Dad said...

Margaret, I went through that exact same sort of phase lately -- so much so that it seemed I spent much of my time laying on the couch with the remote in one hand and a bag of chips in the other. Starting on my writing project, though, really got me out of that -- and I'm sure that you'll be back to concentration and completion before you know it!

- Matt