Friday, January 05, 2007

If a picture is worth a thousand words...

then I don't feel quite so bad about my blog right now.

I started a new blog, Margaret365, that is a picture blog. I am trying to take one picture a day and post it with a little blurb. I have never really been a picture person, but something about the challenge of a picture a day sounded appealing.

I have been surprised how much energy trying to see my life in pictures has given me. So far I've been really excited about it, and it has been meaningful. None of my pictures are visually stunning, or even that interesting, but it has been really fulfilling for me for some reason I can't put my finger on...

So the fact that I can't find words to write about much on this blog right now doesn't bother me as much as it has in the past. Maybe the five thousand words on my picture blog (as of January 5!) are enough right now.

And learning to be content with who I am is a great thing for me to be working on...

2 comments:

Ampersand said...

It is energizing, isn't it? I never expected this project to be so much fun...and to have so much meaning.

It is a fascinating way to know oneself and others -- through pictures.

margaretm said...

Definitely. I enjoy looking through other's blogs as well. Although I've looked at so much I am not sure where I've been, and where I've posted comments! Hopefully I'll get more familiar with everyone.