Friday, December 15, 2006

Why so fruitless?

I'm just posting today because I want to get into the habit of writing. Unfortunately, I don't feel like I have anything to write about...

Is it because I'm boring? Lazy? Because I watch too much mindless television?

In a conversation with one of my mentors this week, I heard myself actually say that I was still holding on to the hope of being "discovered." For what, I have no idea...I'm getting too old to be discovered for my youth, and I'm not sure what else I've got going on...which is reflected in my inability to write about anything today.

So I'm just posting to post. Rather like my just "existing to exist." My mentor said I should pursue something--anything--to keep myself from burning out at work. Ah, if only I could find something to pursue. I'm interested in everything, but nothing stands out enough to say, "Yes, that's what I want to do!"

So I guess I'll just post this and go watch some television. Sadly, I'm pretty sure the answer won't be there!

No comments: