Friday, May 05, 2006

Unresolved issues...

I have finally finished my semester, and was looking forward to just kicking back--then today happened. I had a major issue arise at work (mostly in my head) that has totally disrupted the time-space continuum.

I realized today that after I left my last job of 9 years, I told myself that I really needed some time to sort through my soul. And today it smacked me upside the head: I have never taken the time to do that. I left my job and went right into school and a new job. And my new job has proven to be much more time consuming (and mind consuming) than I thought it would be.

So even though I thought I was moving forward, today I realized that I haven't been moving at all.

How in the world am I going to stop my life long enough to figure out who I am?

2 comments:

dawninprogress said...

"He leads me to still waters..."


I'm smelling a getaway. Has there been anyplace that can consistently help you feel closer to God? For me, personally, the beach or the mountains has always reminded me, visually I guess more than anything, how powerful and beautiful He is. The power and strength of the waves at the beach, or the majesty of the mountains --- and of course the solitude (maybe that's the key) has always helped me focus.

Focus.

Solitude.

I think you once told me that you gain (or regain) your energy from being alone. Is my memory right on this?

Definitely reeks of a getaway though. How long has it been?

~~~Love, Dawn

margaretm said...

Dawn! I just realized that your comments weren't getting published!

Sorry about that, and it will take me a little while to read a comment on your thoughts. I really appreciate them!

And all this time I thought no one was reading my blog. 8-)

How long has it been since I had a getaway? A real one, (meaning not with extended family, though I love them!) probably at least a year.